Sunday, September 12, 2010

Booties tutorial

Challenge 1-Keep Putting That Best Foot Forward


Booties tutorial

Outsole and a heel is made of a Magic Sculpt. For extra straight I put wire mesh in the outsole and a nail in the heel part. I sanded it to get desired shape. It is painted with acrylic and sealed with a gloss varnish.
.


I covered doll feet with aluminium foil until got desired shape. I put red cloth over the feet part and fasten it with hair clips. I stiff the cloth with Stiffy but you can use any stiffener.
Than I glue fake red leather on top and black on the inside. I glue zipper coil on the top of the magic sculpt sole. I cut insole from a thick paper and glue fake black and red leather on it.
Than I reassembled all parts together to make booties. I sew zipper and add leather straps. I embellished booties with a chain, zipper coil, studs and scull on the back of the heel. I took out zipper pull and put new one made from Czech black tube and round red beads. I add leather plate on the bottom of the outsole and the heel, and booties are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment